Rock River Laboratory's livestock water analysis helps ensure your animals are getting clean, healthy water
Three water analysis options are available to suit your needs:
- Nitrate Nitrogen Analysis
- Mineral Package: Calcium, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Sodium, Aluminum, and Manganese
- Livestock Water Package: Includes the Mineral Package, Total Hardness, Sulfate, pH, Chlorine, and Nitrate Nitrogen
How to collect a water sample
- Open the faucet and let the water run for five minutes. Do not treat water before sampling.
- Fill the sample container 3/4 full of water. Screw cap on very tightly to prevent leaks.
- Submit a sample to the laboratory within 48 hours of collection. Refrigerate the sample if it cannot be submitted within 48 hours.
Tips for submitting a water sample to Rock River Laboratory
- Use a clean, plastic bottle-- no glass. Water kits are available through Rock River Laboratory at no cost
- Include the proper paperwork with the sample (available below)
- Submit the sample to Rock River Laboratory within 48 hours of sample collection
Importance of water analysis
Read about one case where water quality was paramount to cow health in this article from Hoard's Dairyman.